What the best companies do better than everyone else (on candidate experience)
Co-authored with Candice Sommers, Project Analyst, TalentMinded.
Every year we encourage our TalentMinded team members, clients and HR community to participate in the Candidate Experience Awards to drive best practices in their recruiting programs. At a recent workshop hosted by Achievers and facilitated by the Talent Board we learned more about what it takes to provide a truly positive candidate experience - and the results might be different from what you think!
Here’s a summary of what we know about what the best companies do better than everyone else:
- They pay attention to job descriptions - they create unique, compelling job ads
- They invest in the right channels to attract more of the right people
- They invest in their careers site and technology to enable the process
- They include employee testimonials in their content & invest in referral programs
- Their recruitment process is mobile compatible and responsive
- They make it is easy to provide status updates and communicate to candidates often
- Acknowledge candidate skills and experience throughout the process
- Provide agendas to interviewees
- They provide feedback and follow up no matter what the outcome
- Provide clarity on the process and explain decisions
- Ask relevant questions at every stage of the interview process
- Ask for candidate feedback
Providing a consistent and positive candidate experience doesn’t have to be a daunting task nor is it all about expensive swag or extravagant tactics. While ‘Candidate Charters’ and ‘Concierge Teams’ can be awesome, focusing on these simple best practices have proven to help companies raise the bar.
In our next blog we’ll share our favorite candidate feedback survey questions and tips on how to implement some of these improvements.
TalentMinded helps companies scale through better talent acquisition programs. We offer the best in people, process, tools, technology and brand for one monthly fixed price. You don't just need a recruiter, you need a recruitment solution. Call or email to learn more - email@example.com, 416.587.1283.